Bonded Fibre Matrix BFM
EnviroStraw BFM is designed to improve erosion control, and to stabilse and restore vegetation on disturbed soil sites. EnviroStraw BFM, produced from Australian annually renewable materials, consists of heat and mechanically treated cereal straw, cellulose and wood fibres which are environmentally safe and biodegradable. The porous hydromulch layer encourages water infiltration, enabling new seedlings to easily pass through the matrix. The combination of the fibres and cross-linked, high strength polymer binders provides effective erosion prevention and vegetation establishment. Better outcomes are ensured due to the product’s improved water use efficiency (WUE) reducing the water volume required to apply the product by up to 50%.
Meets or Exceeds standards for Bonded Fibre Matrix as detailed in the IECA guide.
- Hydrocolloid tackifier included, provides a porous matrix with strong soil adhesion
- A diverse suite of beneficial bacteria and fungi for growing healthy soils
- Excellent vegetation: improved vegetation establishment with better water infiltration to the substrate below
- Improved on site water use efficiency (WUE) requiring up to 40% less water during the application process
- Balanced c/n ratio <50-1 which combats nitrogen draw down challenges
- Includes a purpose designed nitrogen source for long term plant available nitrogen
- Designed for steeper slopes > 3H-1V and below
- Mine site and oil and natural gas revegetation
- Military installations
- Commercial and residential developments
- Highways and roadside batters
- Railway batters